Hornby r8247 point decoder

gavco

Hi  guys

I was wondering if someone can help me out as i have a little problem with my Hornby R8247 point decoder  as in useing the elink controler with railemarster software ?

Its ony just started hampering every time i connect the decoder to my track bus line i keep getting a on the 

Error message on the screen an the light on the elink keeps flashing 

Telling me i have a short somewhere i have disconnected all the points so it must in the decoder it self  i was wondering if the is someway i can reset it or something? 

So i wondering if someone  has had this problem  as well an can help me out ?

I really look forward to hearing from you 

Gavin

From Australia 

You can reset it just like a loco decoder by writing value 8 to CV8 on a programming track connected to the elink PROG output.

Check that you do not have any stray strands of wire across any terminals causing a short.

Be aware that all C terminals are connected together inside when you connect point motors, etc.

Thank you  RAF 96 for your reply i really appreciate it

But my as a other question ?

As i dont quite understand what your mean by writing the value 8 or cv8 to the decoder as i understand that have to contact it to the program track just the cv bit i dont quite understand hopefully you can help me out ?

But once again thank for taking the time to reply to me as i really appreciate it 

Gavin