Finding myself

• RMweb Gold

No, not spiritually.

How do I find whether I've posted on a specific thread, a long one, potentially some years ago?

I can't find a way of searching for my posts in a specific thread.

Cheers N

Edited by rodent279

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if you can search for your own posts in a specific thread but if you go into your own profile, scroll down the left hand column you will see options for viewing all activity, blogs, posts etc, clicking on posts will open a list of all posts you have made in order of posting, newest to oldest. If you have a rough idea of when you made the posts you can go back page by page until you are roughly in the right date area and then look for the relevant thread  (you see the first few lines of each post you made)

PS if you dont see posts etc on the left hand side look for the yellow 'See my activity' button top right of your profile page

HTH

Edited by Mattc6911
Aditional info added

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rodent279 said:

How do I find whether I've posted on a specific thread, a long one, potentially some years ago?

Hi,

If you posted anywhere in a topic, there will be a star alongside it in the topic list:

rm_posted_in.png.6e8f6347620fd26546b7a5cbed61c6b6.png

If you have read all of it, the star will be a very faint grey, as above. If there are new posts in it which you haven't read, the star will be black.

Martin.

• Agree 1