DJ Models class 71 headcode lights

Hello all. As a newby to this forum, you may have already gone round this circle many times, but I can't get the headcode lights to light on my DJModels class 71 with a Zimo MX634C decoder. It should have logic outputs in the right places, and  Dapol Imperium works them fine but with lousy motor control on a down gradient. I've heard that the Lenz Silver 21+ has the 5th output at logic level, but that doesn't work either. Unless someone has cracked how to adjust the Dapol BEMF settings, it look like I can't have full lighting AND decent motor control.

I can't remember whether the Zimo requirement is for an MX634C or MX634D - the difference is whether those aux outputs are logic or full ones. 

The good news is, you can switch the Zimo decoder between the two settings at will with a simple CV change.

I am going from memory here, although I did document it in the DJM class 71 topic: program CV 8 with a value of 3, for one setting, or 4 for the other. This does not change the actual value in CV 8 as it is a fixed one, but something in the Zimo decoder's internal code recognises this as the switch.

Thanks. I already knew this and have tried both settings to no avail. It's a mystery as to why the Dapol decoder works the headcode lights and not the Zimo, UNLESS it's because both ends are connected together, and the Zimo outputs can't cope with two together. I haven't tested this theory yet by unplugging one end to see if the other end then lights up. I'm beginning to think in terms of disconnecting the headcode lights from the pcb and wiring them direct to normal function outputs via 1kOhm resistors.