0 Gauge Three Aitch 3-Plank Wagon

Hi, I am a relative newcomer to 0 gauge and have recently acquired a Three Aitch 3-plank open wagon in need of a few repairs. These I have done and am very pleased with the result, but now attention is turned to paintwork and finishing. The wagon as found had a coat of grey paint, Humbrol 27 at a guess, applied very heavily and no markings. Does anybody know the prototype for this vehicle so I might finish it as accurately as possible. Thanks.  

So far as I recall the Three Aitch range were generic and not based on specific prototypes. Choose a railway and period of your choice, apply the appropriate livery and I'm sure no-one will argue with you. Well pretty sure!!

Bill

• Agree 3

Thank you very much for the comments, that has confirmed what I more or less thinking. I have looked for images of these wagons and of those I have found, none are finished in a company identity. Just a generic dark finish, so I shall do the same.

Re the 'lightly distressed' finish....I thought it was just sloppy mould making, I didn't think the finish was intended to be that bad! I have actually smoothed the solebars to try to improve the appearance.

Very many thanks, stay well.