My Dublo layout

Il Grifone

Just to start a layout section. In the near future (they are on the old computer!), I'll post a few photos of my old Dublo layout (now sadly dismantled following our move. Downsizing meant the railway had to go! :angry::( )

In the mean time feel free to post your own Dublo,Tri-ang, Trix or whatever layouts.

Hi

hows the layout going?

do you do anything special to the track i.e do you weather it, or add ballast?

i have been trying to get my track looking correct for ages but without much luck.

steve

The layout is not going at present! All I have is four lengths of Trix fibre track to test locos and stock. (Anything 00 will run on this.)

The photos are still stuck on my other computer. This was put aside as the USB functions are corrupted. This makes it rather difficult to transfer data. I will have to see if I can get the CD-ROM to work.

With regard to the track. It was rather a collector's layout and track (HD 3 rail) and stock was ex factory condition. The only weathering was wear and tear - quite considerable in 40-50 years. I did have plans to experiment with print outs and editing to produce a wider and more realistic ballast, leaving the original track untouched. Our move put paid to this!

It started as an 'Inglenook' type shunting layout in Dublo, but things soon grew to end up as double track main line of nearly half a scale mile (well three furlongs ie 28 feet) and a branch line - two stations and steam and diesel loco sheds.

A Dublo 'Castle' with a train of 'super-detail' chocolate and cream coaches... :rolleyes:

Now sadly stored away. :(

Hi

my layout is also packed away after house move, i started a new layout in N gauge but to be honest i much prefure the metal locos of my dublo 3 rail.

i have 5 loco's

Duchess of Athol - in need of repair

Duchess of Montross - (recently repaired by Smart restorations http://www.smartrestorations.co.uk)

Another Montross ( to be repaired and renamed to Duchess of abercorn)

A4 Class quicksilver

and a 0-6-2 lms in black

i was given them by my late grandfather when i was 6, and have had great pleasure from them, i'm not sure the newer stuff would be so hard wearing.

steve

My pride & joy of my youth was a 'Duchess of Athol' in LMS red, bought on the drip from Denny's in the 1950s. After the teenage stuff was out of the way I went back to Hornby Dublo searching out tinplate LNER Gresley coaches in teak and blood & custard. Also ex LMS coaches and a treasured Exley. Happy days.

Pity the Gresleys were so short. A relic of the original articulated unit.

To elaborate on my idea for the track. I thought to scan and print the trackbed. This would give paper strips to lay on the outside of the rails to widen the ballast (cf Formo track). Not much can be done for the weird colour copied I believe from Marklin. (Does yellow ballast exiost anywhere?)

Pity the Gresleys were so short. A relic of the original articulated unit.

To elaborate on my idea for the track. I thought to scan and print the trackbed. This would give paper strips to lay on the outside of the rails to widen the ballast (cf Formo track). Not much can be done for the weird colour copied I believe from Märklin. (Does yellow ballast exist anywhere?)

Archived