Kingswear

RobA2345

• RMweb Premium

I'm looking for some inspiration and have always loved the Dartmouth/Kingswear area and am contemplating modelling Kingswear station in the present day with the preserved railway. The perspective would be from the marina looking into the station with the houses and hotels that are on the elevation to the south which if it could be pulled off has great potential for good visuals.

I have a couple of concerns around the skill level required to pull this off but my main concern would be operations. There are a couple of sidings but I have no idea what purpose these have but since Steam trains still run I could make a small coal hold that would be believable. Does anyone know or have any suggestions about any operation I could incorporate? I worry that simply bringing in trains and performing runarounds might be fairly limited and I'd be interested to hear others opinion on this. The scale would be 2FS and I have about 9ft x 1ft 3 Inches. Please tell me if you feel this idea is too ambitious given the space I'm always happy to get feedback.

Trackplan.PNG.91aa42f98444889a25644b93e66d99e4.PNG0.jpg.1846c232445a2e9bdf457de79c168502.jpg
Thanks.

• Like 1

What is now the marina was a quayside where coal was unloaded from ship to train for transfer to Torquay gasworks. Added to that the long holiday trains and the short carriage sidings I think there would be a lot of operating potential in it. 

• RMweb Premium

Another question I have. I've started to build some of the houses/businesses you can see in the photo with pastel colors. Will a 1:1 perspective work here? The problem with trying to build some forced perspective is getting window etches in the appropriate scale.