GWR safety valves

I have a question regarding ex Taff Vale loco absorbed into the GWR.  Both kits I have are not addressing the valves even though they give the running numbers for GWR.

Would they have been running with these type of valves in that period or the normal GWR bonnet.

There are in the kits.

1181259724_Kclass8-1.jpg.aff73a9c81154bcd59567a2ed9936923.jpg1773174596_Kclass9-1.jpg.e6f44355d87e308d4358f7a672029ea4.jpg

Hi.  Sharp Stewart 2-4-2T ex Barry loco to be GWR 1323 .  The other one is Kitson built K class 0-6-0 tender loco, ex Taff Vale, to be GWR 978.

Edited by jazz

• RMweb Gold

Another question couple of questions. What scale and what is the origin of the kits? I ask partly to be helpful if I can but also as a Barry Railway modeller I only know of a 7mm kit for the C class.

Brian

Doesn't look like 978 ever got GWR fittings, with a couple of exceptions the whole class seems to have been earmarked for disposal from the off and not bothered with. 

According to RCTS, 1323 was not altered and was sent to Swindon in 1925 to be dismantled. 

• Informative/Useful 1

42 minutes ago, 88C said:

Another question couple of questions. What scale and what is the origin of the kits? I ask partly to be helpful if I can but also as a Barry Railway modeller I only know of a 7mm kit for the C class.

Brian

Brian, they are 7mm scale now marketed by Taff Vale Models/Dragon Models. They have been reworked under the new owners too.

1 hour ago, Miss Prism said:

http://www.gwr813.org/GWR1323a.htm

http://www.gwr813.org/GWR978.htm

I'm not sure either of these answers the question.

I guess 978 got renumbered to something else to avoid a clash with the GWR small metro loco of the same number.

Thanks Miss Prism.  The photos are very useful too. You saved the day again.:)

43 minutes ago, Quarryscapes said:

Doesn't look like 978 ever got GWR fittings, with a couple of exceptions the whole class seems to have been earmarked for disposal from the off and not bothered with. 

According to RCTS, 1323 was not altered and was sent to Swindon in 1925 to be dismantled. 

Thanks Quarryscapes, I guess that answers to question regarding the safety valves.:good:

Edited by jazz