Bachmann Western Pullman 30-420

Hi, I don’t know if I have posted this in the correct format or procedure.

I am/have been very interested in this set. Although the cost has made me a little hesitant and I am still saving up.  I currently have the Midland Blue Pullman 30-425 a really nice set and also not cheap.

I have had it 3yrs and it has had very little use. Currently It’s at Bachmann for repair due to one of the drive locos being noisy. This is going to incure a cost for me as it looks like it needs a new motor. If I had used it  under the warranty period I may have saved myself some money.  

I have recently read a report from someone who bought the Western Pullman and had noise problems from the loco/s having the motor changed apparently did not solve their problems. As the Western Pullman is based on the Midland Pullman and there seems to be a common problem with noise from the locos, I am a bit concerned about ordering one.

Does anyone know of any issues with the Western Pullman?

Feedback from members experience with this 30-420 Bachmann Western Pullman would be gratefully appreciated. If I purchase the Western Pullman, I don’t want to have any regrets.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David

Have you checked out the Bachmann Blue Pullman thread in the retailers section?  There is a lot of discussion, both pre- and post-production, so perhaps you might get your answer there?  (I am currently about half way through reading, where the argument still rages about why Bachmann aren't producing a WR 8-car set!)

Admitting to being envious that you have one of the models - am about to embark (hopefully) on an "impressionistic" Triang based model at a fraction of the cost (but with a fraction of the accuracy or detail!)

Steve S