If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Dapol / Lionheart O gauge autocoach

Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

For a potential conversion I need a second autocoach but only need a small part of it, so asking on the off chance someone has one they want to offload, even if damaged.

As long as a section of body with pair of the larger windows is intact I would consider it, irrespective of the rest of the condition.

Any livery.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

If you already have one, would it be an idea to copy the part in resin? Use Playdough to make a mould if needed. 

Hi, yes I was just mulling that over. I might go that route but thought I'd ask first.

• Like 1

About a decade ago I bought a Sylmasta resin casting kit and the number of times it came in handy! Beware with the resin. A little goes a long way, so maybe an idea to have spare things you want to copy just incase. 

The rubber moulding material that comes in the kit goes quickly so I only made two moulds, but all the rest I pressed into Playdough to cast into as ok, Playdough may not be ideal but it works. All my casting was done using the single mould method. Think of the typical plaster casting if one wants to copy a footprint in the mud and you get the idea of what a single piece mould is like. 

Here is a picture of me making a copy of a 7mm narrow gayge coach side i to Playdough.. The resin I use (Sylmasta G26) from the kit turns white in about 20 minutes, and I have removed parts from the rubber moulds at this point, but it is better to leave them for about two hours to harden up as they are soft and can distort if one tried to move them too early. 

IMG_20171209_160521.jpg

• Thanks 1