Value <> price

• RMweb Gold

At the price, £2k for a loco built by Geoff Holt and painted by Brian Badger strikes me as a bargain.
https://www.ellisclarktrains.co.uk/collections/pre-owned-gauge-1/products/geoff-holt-10mm-gauge-1-lms-0-6-2t-coal-tank-588

Shame it’s 10mm scale and not 1:32, otherwise I might have been tempted to sell my American brass children to buy it and some of the other locos!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Price and value. The Coal tank is nice, and though expensive, it seems to be a completely accurate model.  Also for sale a Scale 1 New York Central Commodore Vanderbilt loco plus carriages for £4000. Unfortunately the carriages are NYC coaches, when they should be Pullman sleepers, as this loco only worked the 20th Century Limited and the paint scheme is post 1939, at which point Commodore Vanderbilt was rebuilt with different streamlining.. That is a lot of money for something not right at all.

"This model may need a little work. Currently it runs for a distance, then shorts out". Surprised considering the history.

If I were investing/paying £2000. I'd be a little disappointed at that price level. A large amount of cash to lay out, even if it were worth twice as much, particularly if you find problems are more than first thought.

Edited by gordon s
  • Agree 2