The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

Colchester.

Peter, how did you move the B road number? icon_what.gif

You have also gained a modified Wks and a P.

smile.gif

Used the map from the official OS site:

post-1771-126894238595_thumb.png

as directed by the rules of the game (page 1 of this topic):

The image must be one square kilometre square from an OS 1:50,000 map.

That square must contain a recognisable railway feature.

That square shall not be edited to remove content.

Whoever guesses correctly has to set the next question - use http://www.ordnances...ebsite/getamap/ to originate your square.

The correct answer will be adjudged by the person who set that question.

Clue - the line in this square is in place, but currently disused. There is hope that it may be part of a major line re-instatement, but this would require construction of some new track, since parts of the original route have been used for other purposes (though tracks do feature in some of these later uses).

Clue - close to the most northerly distillery not on an island. (And if anybody can tell me what these tracks are/were used for, I would be very interested!)

• RMweb Gold
(And if anybody can tell me what these tracks are/were used for, I would be very interested!)

Hi Peter,

Westerloch. Obviously now derelict. It's a strange representation of double track, possibly for a travelling crane/dredger? Here's the Google streetview showing them where they pass under the A99 (may take a few seconds to load the picture). The ramp and bridge over them isn't on the map:

tracks on Google

close-up

Edit: The tracks are used for the assembly of undersea pipeline: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/354508

post-1103-126957749367_thumb.png

Martin.