The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

• RMweb Gold

That's dedication! :clapping_mini: :clapping_mini: (... or obsession :unsure: )

It just seemed to good a clue to pass up!

Here's the area in question:

post-6864-0-43775100-1312268633_thumb.png

My next one:

post-6864-0-50922100-1312268817_thumb.gif

Another "end-of-line" job, the clue is the other line shown - its a "Big One"

I've found it, but how the hell do I copy it from the OS map site???!!

JE

I don't know about the OS site but I use http://www.fonant.com/osmap.html

If you right click on the square (at 1:50k view), you can then save as a "png" file which is easily attached to your post. NB this will give you four squares, though the position of your "clicked on" square does vary in the four saved.

To post a new square follow the same procedure but this time increase the magnification of the map by one step before right-clicking - that way you only save one square and not four.

Guest Belgian

I don't know about the OS site but I use http://www.fonant.com/osmap.html

If you right click on the square (at 1:50k view), you can then save as a "png" file which is easily attached to your post. NB this will give you four squares, though the position of your "clicked on" square does vary in the four saved.

To post a new square follow the same procedure but this time increase the magnification of the map by one step before right-clicking - that way you only save one square and not four.

Thanks for that, Bulleidboy, but it still don't work for me! If I right-click I'm asked to save it as a Webpage, which i have no control over as to where or how I save it. It must be this bloody Win7 I'm using: I used to have no trouble with dear old XP and understood it - this new fangled Win7 seems to think it can make all your decisions for you and then does a different one to what you want.

I can't go back to XP as the new computer is configured so that XP always hangs on installation!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrg. . .

• RMweb Gold

Hi Belgian,

If you are using Firefox it's easy:

1. Go to http://www.fonant.com/osmap.html

2. Roll the mouse wheel forward one step to get the large squares.

3. Click the Tools > Page Info menu item.

4. On the new page, click the Media tab.

5. Click on the top line in the list of squares.

6. Press the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard until you get to the square which you want.

7. Click the Save As button.

8. The file name may look a bit odd -- change it to my_square.png or somesuch. Click Save.

regards,

Martin.

Hi Belgian

Although my instructions were from the desktop (running XP), they also work on my laptop (running Windows7):

When you right-click on the square you get a variety of options - just choose "Save picture as" and in both OS it opens a window to (what it thinks is) the default location eg "Pictures" or "Documents" or whatever. If this isn't the folder you would like to use, I assume you know how to change it.

As Martin said, the filename will look odd but should already have "PNG" selected as the filetype.

Mike

Guest Belgian

OK, after all the advice and help, the answer to the last one (which all you other guys have been kind enough to hold back on, thank you all) was near Fleetwood: the "Big one" is the Blackpool tramway system.

and my offering is It is a wide main line

JE

Guest Belgian

That was quick Mike! I can't say I Havant got this now, can I?

Next one, this is another main line, which invisibly crosses another which replaced some of its purpose.

Guest Belgian

Hmmmmmm . . . a footballing fish? ah! Charlton Mackrell!

I've just realised it's not a good idea to put the name of the place in the filename! Doh!

So. Set in a pleasant valley . . .

I think you've killed this off, I for one can't find it!

JE

Jeff

Sorry I couldn't post another clue but my internet connection has had a mind of its own for the last 24 hours

It's Pontyclun in S Wales. The branch goes to the royal mint at Llantrisant.

post-7483-0-76184700-1312733746_thumb.png

Graham - Well done, connection willing will try to find yours

Guest Belgian

Bishopton, Glasgow

and the next is,

Clue: not the most direct route to the coast! (Sorry, I don't know why it's appeared twice!)

I blinked yesterday and totally missed Bishopton!

We're currently between Adisham and Bekesbourne on the Canterbury - Dover line (thanks for the clue, found it on the second line I checked):

post-4857-0-79065800-1313135840_thumb.png

Next up:

post-4857-0-78984400-1313135870_thumb.png

The duck is watching a mainline express but if you follow the line towards the pub, you may end up in a row.