Bachmann 170 dcc hard wiring

aquilla

I have a number of 170 units..00 gauge from Bachmann and as it seems that we are not getting a retooled version for some time, I thought I would try and get my original ones going again.

When I first got them, I fitted dcc decoders by hard wiring as they were not designed with dcc sockets.

I used to run them with the Hornby elite and they worked fine.. I now use an nce powercab and when I came to reprogram them, they all gave a....short circuit detected...error.

The nce will let me continue programming..The at the next stage it gives....cannot read c.v .error, so basically I can't program them

I use a separate program track...which is all ok as I tested another loco which has a dcc socket decoder and all ok

It seems that there maybe an issue with either the decoders...All 4 of them...or compatibility issue with the hard wiring or motor and the nce unit.

Any advice welcome.

I hardwired two Lenz chips into mine and my PA2 sees them fine.

Is there another method of testing you can try, like with a Sprog?

Might be worth making sure they're not touching anything inside the motor car and that all the wires are fine and connected properly. It's fairly simple so shouldn't be much of a problem :unsure: