Lima 5323W BR(M) Mk.1 RB? Dining car

I've put Flushglaze in quite a few green Lima Mark1s and, with one noticeable exception, they look IMHO  really good.  The exception is the Buffet Restaurant Car.  It is a vast improvement but it's nowhere near as good as the Replica Model of the same coach.  One side is better than the other though, the 2 small windows on one side still look far too small so I try to position it that the audience/spectators/crowd/congregation only see the other side. 

• RMweb Premium
On 07/08/2020 at 15:57, 97xx said:

I assume they have somehow got it muddled with/from this sort of livery?!

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/category/554/lms-50ft-inspection-saloon-lms-crimson-lake/374-875

They didn't get it 'muddled' as you put it - the decision to put LMS on the side is simply a continuation of the 'one size fits all' approach taken in the early days of railway modelling where one design would be subjected to all sorts of fictitious liveries rather than produce genuine stock, something Hornby have been equally guilty of in the past.

The coach itself is quite clearly a British Railways Mk1design, built  a decade or more after nationalisation and nothing whatever to do with the LMS.

IIRC they were also released in Green with Bullied- esque branding and in GWR livery with that companys shirt button logo.