Screws for Marklin UP Boxcars

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody can help me... I have a large number of Marklin Union Pacific box cars (for example, item 45647). Unfortunately, I have lost one of the tiny black screws that attachs the bogie to the underside of the box car:

1295356703_MarklinBogieScrew.jpg.1e1811976f252ce0f92aba0673eec205.jpg

Does anybody know if there are any suppliers in the UK who might stock replacements?

Thanks!

Ben

It's a standard metric screw AFAIK. The only difference is a washer as part of the screw head. I'll dig mine out and check. It's Western Pacific, but I'm sure that with be the only difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Il Grifone said:

It's a standard metric screw AFAIK. The only difference is a washer as part of the screw head. I'll dig mine out and check. It's Western Pacific, but I'm sure that with be the only difference.

I would be so grateful if you could check what size the screws are David, thank you! 

Ben

Regrettably my failing memory failed again. Mine has some sort of clip arrangement!

From the photo it appears to be the same diameter as the axle, which would suggest 2MA (i.e.2mm diameter. In any case easy enough to measure.

Gaugemaster (usual disclaimer) stock Märklin and may be able to help.

6 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

Regrettably my failing memory failed again. Mine has some sort of clip arrangement!

From the photo it appears to be the same diameter as the axle, which would suggest 2MA (i.e.2mm diameter. In any case easy enough to measure.

Gaugemaster (usual disclaimer) stock Märklin and may be able to help.

Hi David,

Thanks for checking for me. I will get in contact with Gaigemaster to see if they can help but failing that, I will try to measure them (I have a micrometer so should be able to get an accurate measurement).

Thanks,

Ben