New church kit

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John,

Hope I'm doing the kits justice!

Finishing off tiling the roofs but it's almost complete now.

KIF_0730.jpg

The porch and chancel roof are now fitted since I took this photo, the chapel roof is also finished but have to finish the main roof so I can glue the two together so it can lift off in one lump.

Thought I'd post this photo. Another reason why I buy the cardboard in bulk packs!!

The OO gauge church kit.

I wonder if I leave it like that the shoemakers elves would come along and finish it for me laugh.gif

The ones standing up at the back are 2mm thick card, the ones lying down are 1mm thick. Not shown are the other 13 pages of print only sheets blink.gif

Hopefully make a start on that next weekend, but have some goodies hopefully turning up with Mr Postie so may be playing around with other things.

post-6745-127586063741_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

As requested photos of the finished N-gauge church.

KIF_0735.jpg

KIF_0736.jpg

Will hopefully make a start on the OO one at the weekend as I'm working away for the rest of the week.

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

The N-gauge church kit is finished!

Some of the detail bits still need finishing, lights and seating inside the church.

Will be starting on the OO church, maybe next weekend hope you enjoy the photos.

post-6745-127643842724_thumb.jpg

post-6745-127643790119_thumb.jpg

post-6745-127643791873_thumb.jpg

post-6745-12764379345_thumb.jpg

Not glued the main roof so it can be taken off to reveal the interior, I have added the internal roof joists as well, quite a strong structure, not taken a photo of that though rolleyes.gif

post-6745-127643870351_thumb.jpg

post-6745-127643851624_thumb.jpg

The video is interesting, click on picture below to watch, sound up!

th_ChurchBellsmovie.jpg

Cheers

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for all the comments.

One thing that always gets me is the size difference between OO and N!!

post-6745-127715514418_thumb.jpg

post-6745-12771551417_thumb.jpg

Still some way to go to finish off the OO scale church but it's getting there.

Cheers

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Rather Nice.

The tower has a good sized belfry, and there is a well lit ringing chamber on the first floor. The tower north wall clearly has provision for a spiral staircase from an internal doorway,and room for access to ringing chamber, belfry and tower roof.

I should very much like to see how this kit gets furnished inside, with full marks to anyone who includes a ring of at least six bells, and copious internal water stain marks where chancel, nave and tower roofs all leak profusely.

A trap would be the clock on the south wall of the tower. In that position the movement would have to be remote, or get tangled with bell frame, wheels and ropes.

:)

PB

That is unless you have a separate room for the clock in between the ringing room and the belfry, like at St Mary de Haura in Shoreham. That avoids entanglement and the clock has positive drive to all faces.

Archived