ZAG Meetings

Sithlord75

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (24 September) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.  All are welcome to join in, and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

The link below should take you straight there or the ID and passcode.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83287616944?pwd=WGRnQkprN1IwcitVRm56OThtMUFVUT09

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

Passcode: 222372

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday the 8th of October from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.  All are welcome to join in, and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

I'll hopefully be joining you from Goulburn, NSW where I am attending (and presenting at) the Australian N Scale (and friends - @VRBroadgauge and @2mm Dabbler will be there with me flying the 1:152 scale flag) Convention.  At least with NSW being on AEDST it's a +11 on GMT rather than the +10 for Brisbane!

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (22 October)) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location. 

As always, all are welcome to join in, and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this Saturday (12 November) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location. 

As always, all are welcome to join in, and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

G'day all,

The last ZAG meeting for this year is this Saturday (10 December) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

Hope to see many of you there.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who have joined the ZAG meetings this year.

Cheers

Kevin

• 1 month later...

G'day all,

Happy New Year (although it is the 13th so maybe not so new).

The first ZAG meeting for this year is this Saturday (14 January) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.  I'll be MIA as, to quote Dr Adams, I've a three line whip being enforced due to the 14th being my wife's birthday and the 15th being our wedding anniversary - and we have a kid free weekend.

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

I hope it is an enjoyable and productive meeting.

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (28 January) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next meeting is this Saturday (11 February) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.   Hopefully after missing the last two (first due to my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary - the second due to a kamikaze possum which shorted out the local substation and plunged everything into darkness for a few hours whilst they found a crew to come and remove it and reset everything) I shall be able to join in!

As always, all are welcome  and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

A heads up for the Fourth Saturday meeting - Chris Bentley will be giving a talk on his crossing nose etches.   I believe he has already done it live for the NMAGers (Someone will correct me if I am in error I am sure) so if you weren't able to get to that or would like to have a second viewing so to speak, put a note in your diary for 0930GMT for the 25th of Feburary. 

Cheers

Kevin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (25th February) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location. 

As always, all are welcome to join in.

In a slight departure from what has been the accustomed practice we are having a presentation at this meeting by Chris Bentley.  Chris has managed to win a couple of awards at the AMMCs recently for various gizmos he's been dreaming up to make his modelling easier and, fresh from his barn-storming performance at the NMAG meeting, he is going to give a talk about the crossing nose etches he's designed, and which are available to members from Shop 1.

As such a timely arrival for those interested in hearing from Chris is requested.  Once Chris is ready to begin, we'll ask everyone to mute themselves until he has finished at which point questions can be asked.  Obviously if you feel a question maybe more useful whilst Chris is presenting, then there will be a means to ask - arrangements will be explained more fully at the meeting.

Once Chris has finished, the normal actives of the ZAG will recommence and everyone will be able to share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

As a member of the 2mm association I would like to attend the Zoom meetings. However I am located in the USA and getting up at 0300 AM here is a wee bit early.  Are the Zoom meetings recorded and placed somewhere for review later? That would be great!

Thank you

Regards - Alan in USA

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Alan L said:

As a member of the 2mm association I would like to attend the Zoom meetings. However I am located in the USA and getting up at 0300 AM here is a wee bit early.  Are the Zoom meetings recorded and placed somewhere for review later? That would be great!

Thank you

Regards - Alan in USA

Alternate meetings are 7.30 pm uk time which should be a lot easier for those in the US. I can rarely make these ones as my company is required elsewhere but I’m hoping to drop in Saturday morning 

Jerry

Edited by queensquare

Hello Alan,

you are very welcome to join and if 9:30 GMT does not fit: what about 19:30?  Time is changing exactly to allow members all over the world to take part.

AFAIK usually the meetings are not recorded, because the fun is doing some modelling, chatting, asking having fun online and not watching a telly show. It is quite informal , without planned schedule and nobody needs to be shy to say something and recording might take away a part of that idea.

This time it might be a bit different with Chris´presentation.

see you soon!

cheers

Klaus

• Like 1

Hello Klaus,

Thank you for your reply. I understand the reason for not recording the Zoom meeting. In Jerrys posting above he said something about alternate meetings Any idea what he means?

Also you mentioned 19:30. Does this mean the ZAG meetings will now be 19:30 GMT going forward?

Thank you Klaus.

Regards - Alan

Hi Alan,

if you are scrolling upwards you can look it up how beginning times are changing. There will be a reminder here and at VAG.

The 2 different times have been arranged since last year specificly to allow members from the Americas to join in at least once a month after someone from California wanted to participate  Now our brave friends from Downunder get up very early in the morning each month...

Be prepared to put your screen and camera onto your workbench and do some modellng while chatting- or in front of your armchair if you prefer. I am participating regularly since about 2 years and felt welcome from the beginning!

Here in my surroundings is no 2mm Area Group and I´d say the Zoom AG is more than a substitute for that. It is fun and encouragement.

I´d assume that you soon might be able to see Chris´presentation somewhere on the 2mm  site or on Youtube...

see you!

Klaus

Edited by Klaus ojo

Alan - if if would help to get more engagement with the 2mm world you're more than welcome to join our bimonthly North Mercia Area Group Zoom that currently attracts members from far and wide. The next one will be on 30th March 7pm GMT (30th is after that daft thing we do with the clocks so you would have to work that one out for US timings) Watch out for the details that will be posted on RMWeb nearer the date. 

Chris B

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next meeting is this Saturday (11 March) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.   

As always, all are welcome to drop in for a short time or a long time and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (25th MRCH) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location. 

As always, all are welcome to join in as and when the opportunity arises to talk about or work on their modelling projects, seek advice or dispense pearls of wisdom (!).

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

G'day all,

Having had a short break for Easter, the next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (22nd April) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.   The first ZAG meeting took place around this time in 2020 - so three years ago as the pandemic was really starting to interfere with life.  I for one am very pleased it is still happening and has been of such benefit to members.

As always, all are welcome to join in as and when the opportunity arises to talk about or work on their modelling projects, seek advice or dispense pearls of wisdom (!).

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next meeting is this Saturday (13 May) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.  For those of you in the UK - remember GMT not BST!  Adjust accordingly.  

As always, all are welcome to drop in for a short time or a long time and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (27th May) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.  All are welcome to join in, and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next meeting is this Saturday (10 June) from 1930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.   

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

The next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday (24th June) from 0930GMT.  Please adjust according to your location.  All are welcome to join in, and share what they have been building, ask for advice (and share their favourite tips for success) and generally have a chat about their projects. 

Join Zoom Meeting

Cheers

Kevin