BRC&W Class 104 & 110 DMU Body Profile

Hi, 

I'm planning a build of a 104 in 7mm scale. There's very little available in terms of the body profile. 

Does anyone know whether the profile has been utilised in any other rolling stock? They're not a mk1 profile and have a straighter side with a tumblehome. 

Also, the windows look similar to the mk1 design but appear slightly larger. Is there any other stock with the same window types? 

The underframe stuff is fairly easy in comparison but getting the body sides and profiling right from the outset will be pretty critical. 

Thanks

A kit for the 104 is coming (slowly) hopefully the next couple of weeks will quieten down so can achieve something.

The body profile is similar to the LMS coaches. The big bodyside windows are MK1 size and the smaller ones are I Believe 2' 3" wide and the style of the smaller windows are unique to that class

Michael

• RMweb Gold

There are a couple of different bodyside profiles for first generation DMUs. I suspect it is connected to the builders.

I remember seeing an article listing all the variations but do you think I can find it now.