Prices today

Lovemymodelling

Besides a large US outline HO collection I have a smattering of 1995-2005 HO  Spanish outline (purchased when the family had an apartment in Taragona)  as I did and still do consider building a small terminal station with 2 tracks from Spain and a single line from France (for obvious reasons not connected) just looking around to see what’s available in SNCF to match my period, I’ve not looked for a while, I read the odd posting regarding Nuremberg releases and that’s it, I know PIKO have made some modern image SNCF items and some erratic prices like £130 for average electric loco yet £270 for a 2 car Z2N, I have recently ordered a single car diesel car for my RENFE to be released by Hornby-Electrotren for £112 not a bad price I think at all, and now also see that they have announced “new tooling” for the SNCF caravelle  X4300 for £156 In the Hornby  Jouef series and that’s the RRP , pretty good value as seems the LS model is triple this,OK maybe more detail but can this justify £200 more I’m impressed by the pricing of HO Hornby group products, I’ve taken the plunge and pre ordered a few items see how they compare.

Hi, Are you aware that Piko along with other manufacturers offer different ranges in there portfolio, therefor you need to compare like for like when you are looking at the price. Also have a hunt around for UK dealers who stock continental, there is often a bargain to be had. They can be found in continental modeller.

As always it's up to you what you buy, we all make our choice and pays the money however some manufacturers products can be on the basic side which is of course reflected in the asking price. In short I would say the extra cost of LS models products is well worth it. 

Just my opinion for what it's worth. What ever you do so long as you get enjoyment out of it that is all that really matters.

Craig.

• Agree 2