85A Kit Trak - Any info, just curious

Hi,

Whilst looking for an AWOL instruction sheet unearthed this. Donated a little while ago it's an EM point kit. Having a closer look it has a pre-soldered "V", planed blades and shaped checked rails etc. Sleepers are pre-cut to length with pads rather than continuous copperclad. Looks very well made complete with comprehensive instructions.

There's a date of 1976 on the plans. Just curious if anyone has any further information.

1250277766_85AKitTrak1.jpg.88727fbe29dc1ace2b35c1cfb45986ae.jpg

1562322244_85AKitTrak2.jpg.2504828e38df0a2d475bbc829fa6dff0.jpg

Thanks

Stu

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu,

I manufactured those in the 1970s and 1980s. Not since. What do you want to know?

That EM one appears to be supplied with traditional solid-fixing tie-bar, GPX blades and milled stock rails.

The alternative was a pivot-fixing tie-bar, PP (prototype-pattern) blades, and a pre-formed set bend in the stock rail (as in the P4 kits).

cheers,

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Like 1

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for that. Yes, solid tie bar and milled stocks.

Had never heard of the name before - old enough that I probably should have ! - and just interested. Looking at the instructions would imagine it was part of a product range.

Curiosity now satisfied though now I know it's heritage tempted to put it all back in the packaging as it would be almost heresy to build it now :-)

Thanks

Stu

• Like 1