DCC Prodigy Wireless Handsets loosing connection

NorthBritish

Hi,

I've got a Gaugemaster DCC Prodigy advanced 2 with the wireless conversion pack and 8amp booster.

I find sometimes one of the wireless handsets stops working. The only way I've found to re-establish the connection is to turn the whole system off for a period of time, but that's not ideal when I'm running the layout.

Does anybody know of how to try and avoid the problem in the first place and how to resolve it without turning everything off?

The handset is quite close to the transmitter on the base station.

I've tried plugging the controller into the base station but that doesn't help re-establish the connection.

Kind regards,

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I’ve got one of these conversions, although only with one handset. Is it only one of the handsets at a time or just the wi-fi connection being lost? Wondering whether the wire/s in the plug-in wi-fi module lead have fractured at all so getting intermittent signals at times. Or the base connection plugs doing the same. Probably need to contact Gaugemaster about it. Always excellent service whether by ‘phone or e-mail. 

Izzy

p.s. Plugging in the handset only charges the batteries. It only works via wi-fi and not also by the lead like hard wired ones.

Edited by Izzy
Add the ps

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, NorthBritish said:

Hi,

When the problem occurs it is only with one handset, the others keep working ok thankfully.

Is it always the same handset that stops working, or does it appear random between the two?