Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby Schools - who can help with a 14t gear

GeneKelly

I have a Hornby Schools Class (China build) Loco Drive which has a bust gear. its the 14 tooth intermediate gear. Ive spent ages searching the net, the Hornby spares sheet lists it as coming bagged as a set together with the tandem gear above it, the only person to have the sealed bag is Peters spares and Hornby have not included this 14 tooth gear.

So.. my question is do any of you know of another Hornby China loco that uses a 14 tooth gear also and perhaps a part number for this alternative gear? Ive contacted Hornby three weeks back and have no reply.

Kind regards Gene

• RMweb Gold

If you have as much joy with Hornby's service department as I did, it may be worth getting in touch with Ian at Redgate Models (Redgate on this forum). He was able to repair a couple of West Countries for me, and he's likely to know which gears are interchangeable.