Silhouette Cameo 4

The Sep 2020 (US) Model Railroader magazine has an article on use of the Silhouette Cameo automated cutter. I have used both a Silhouette and a Cricut machine quite satifactorily with Strathmore cardstock. The shortcoming of each is in cutting thicker/denser material such as styrene. I enjoy designing models and cutting them without the tedious process of cutting numerous window openings, etc.

The article mentions that Silhouette has come out with a new Cameo 4 that is capable of cutting heavier styrene because it can exert a higher pressure on the cutting blade.

Before I invest in yet another cutting machine, has anyone out there had first hand experience with using this new Silhouette Cameo 4?

Mike

• RMweb Premium

No - but the Cricut Maker can cut styrene. I believer the Maker and Cameo 4 have similar pressure capability and a lot more than earlier models. This Schoma shunter body from styrene, windows from acylic sheet and vinyl window surrounds were cut by the Maker.

IMG_20200531_205136460.jpg.8f57d29670ffd95f5ba12ba31ba9f761.jpg

IMG_20200531_205147313.jpg.69d86391ebf8decec7155ccb20b0b225.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, heavymetalwagons said:

There's a very long thread about the cutter 50+ pages may be better asking on there 

Being a newby on this forum, I didn't want to do a hijack on this excellent thread. It was a main reason why I first got started into Silhouette. If no one comes along who has used the Cameo 4, I will probably go to that thread.

Mike