Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Silhouette Cameo 4

The Sep 2020 (US) Model Railroader magazine has an article on use of the Silhouette Cameo automated cutter. I have used both a Silhouette and a Cricut machine quite satifactorily with Strathmore cardstock. The shortcoming of each is in cutting thicker/denser material such as styrene. I enjoy designing models and cutting them without the tedious process of cutting numerous window openings, etc.

The article mentions that Silhouette has come out with a new Cameo 4 that is capable of cutting heavier styrene because it can exert a higher pressure on the cutting blade.

Before I invest in yet another cutting machine, has anyone out there had first hand experience with using this new Silhouette Cameo 4?

Mike

• RMweb Premium

No - but the Cricut Maker can cut styrene. I believer the Maker and Cameo 4 have similar pressure capability and a lot more than earlier models. This Schoma shunter body from styrene, windows from acylic sheet and vinyl window surrounds were cut by the Maker.

IMG_20200531_205136460.jpg.8f57d29670ffd95f5ba12ba31ba9f761.jpg

IMG_20200531_205147313.jpg.69d86391ebf8decec7155ccb20b0b225.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, heavymetalwagons said:

There's a very long thread about the cutter 50+ pages may be better asking on there 

Being a newby on this forum, I didn't want to do a hijack on this excellent thread. It was a main reason why I first got started into Silhouette. If no one comes along who has used the Cameo 4, I will probably go to that thread.

Mike