Wish list- a new interior for Mk3 coaches

Don't know where best to put this, but one product I would certainly buy a lot of units of would be a replacement seating unit to go into Mk3 trailers that would fit Lima and Hornby versions which represents the 76 seat standard class seat layout as used on all Mk3's from c1985 until present day with only a few exceptions (eg Grand Central?). Someone with a degree of skill and the ability to knock out a load of cheap plastic mouldings in a single colour could turn out a successful product, there must be 1,000's of modellers with rakes of Mk3's out there in all sorts of liveries from InterCity to the Arriva WAG set all with the wrong insides....

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

there must be 1,000's of modellers with rakes of Mk3's out there in all sorts of liveries from InterCity to the Arriva WAG set all with the wrong insides....

..but the 64,000 dollar question (well hopefully not that much..) - how many of those thousands are:-

- bothered about the wrong interior?

- not willing to knock something up out of plasticard / other coach interiors?

Personally I think that number is going to be quite small.

2 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

..but the 64,000 dollar question (well hopefully not that much..) - how many of those thousands are:-

- bothered about the wrong interior?

- not willing to knock something up out of plasticard / other coach interiors?

Personally I think that number is going to be quite small.

PM sent to MGR. 

I think, probably wrongly, that if many of those people were told their MK3's are wrong and given a solution that solves that it would bring them into the market! It amuses me (but I say nothing) when I see a Mk3 rake on an exhibition layout and they have got the locos or power cars 110% spot on looking brilliant and it's hauling a rake of coaches which have also received lavish external attention but stopped short of addressing this issue.

Of course I accept that many don't care and are happy to run with then as they come. I have knocked together a seating area for a TRSB using bits from scrap coaches but the nature of the beast is that it needs a lot of seats to feed each coach- we are talking 76 seaters and nothing else has close to that many.