Eurolokshop ESU Loksound New Sounds

GoingUnderground

An interesting question has been asked on the ESU users forum this week. The question was:

Do somebody knows where are available for downloading the following sounds:

ESU 92433 LokSound V3.5 MTC (21-pin) (Stadler FLIRT electric train)

ESU 92490 LokSound V3.5 NEM652 (8-pin) (TGV Thalys / Duplex / Atlantic)

ESU 92491 LokSound V3.5 NEM652 (8-pin) (RENFE TGV AVE / TALGO electric train set)

ESU 92494 LokSound V3.5 NEM652 (8-pin) (RENFE TALGO 350 electric train)

ESU 92507 LokSound V3.5 NEM652 (8-pin) (V150 TGV World Record)

ESU Support replied:

These sound numbers do not exist in our database. We have some sound projects covering the locomotives mentioned, but these are for OEM use only at the moment.

Where did you get the information regarding the numbers? THese are not official ESU item numbers...

To which the OP replied:

They are available as normal articles in Eurolokshop.com..........

Doing a search on the Eurolokshop web site for 92*** ESU pulls back the above Loksounds plus a whole lot more that would be of interest to many Continental modellers.

Anyone bought a Loksound with these sounds on them at all or know anything about them? Are they real or reworking of existing ESU sound projects to sound like the prototypes?

Interestingly, some of these seem to relate to models available from Hornby International, the Jouef TGV V150 World Record Breaker, Jouef TGV Atlantique, Electrotren ETR500 and Electrotren RENFE Talgo. Hornby Espana are the Spanish distrubutors for ESU products. Is this Hornby using ESU to prepare OEM sounds, or is it just coincidence and am I reading too much into this? Strange reply from ESU Support though.

There was someone asking about Eurostar or TGV sounds on RMWeb3 a while back. Perhaps UK Eurostar and Pendolino sounds are not that far away aas UK Eurostar is based on TGV and ETR is a Pendolino derivative so I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong.

There was someone asking about Eurostar or TGV sounds on RMWeb3 a while back. Perhaps UK Eurostar and Pendolino sounds are not that far away aas UK Eurostar is based on TGV and ETR is a Pendolino derivative so I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Authentic Pendolino and Eurostar sounds (recorded in Nuneaton, Coventry, London Euston and at Temple Mills) are already available on 16Mb v3.5 ESU Loksound chips from Olivia's Trains. In each case you can buy a single chip, or a paired version for either end of the set with sounds that change ends appropriately when the set reverses.

Archived