Base Toys - Model Buses - How to take apart?

2 hours ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

Has anyone tried taking one of these buses apart?

Not yet, but plan to repaint one next year. While pre-planning I found this video:

And there is already a posting on RMWeb at:

Let me know how you get on, I'll be interested to hear.

Ian

Many thanks for that - I had searched but obviously put in the wrong search words. This video makes it look fairly straightforward, but the Base Toys bus has no visible clips or rods up through the bus. It looks as though the body may be similar to a railway coach with concealed clips. 

I think I am just going to hope for the best and try prising the body off and see what happens (falls off!). Thanks once again. BB

On the Base Toys Lodekka, the radiator grill is a separate fitting glued to the front of the bus. If you slide a single edged razor blade behind the grill, you can cut through the glue and GENTLY prise it off. This will reveal a small tab protruding through the front. The body shell is plastic and, again gently, you can insert a small screwdriver into the join between the body and chassis and lever the chassis out. There is another tab behind the rear number plate but this will also yield to gentle levering. You may find that the chassis will no longer clip in but it can always be glued back in. I usually use PVA for this as it is then easy to remove again if you need to,