Hope everyone is keeping well.

Small update to a few hours work this evening.  I have continued to kit bash the Walthers Diesel House from a 3-Bay to 2-Bay.  Quite a bit of work has been done on the roofing tonight, with these having to be cut down to fit.  The smaller section was much easier, while the longer rear section needed the main section cutting from the center and some plasticard placed to provide support, hide the cut and to allow the vents to be placed.  It looks reasonable to be fair and will be much better once primed and painted (if the rain ever stops!).  Here are a couple of pictures that show the progress made.  A bit rough and ready, but I am quite content with the progress made and once they start being pulled together and painted, with detailing, I am sure it'll look good enough. 

The alterations made

50737545721_9404412049_c.jpgScratch building the 2 lane diesel shed by Bryn Jones, on Flickr

The stuck together part 

50736809518_7122a85905_c.jpgScratch building the 2 lane diesel shed by Bryn Jones, on Flickr

Both parts dry fitted to the shell 

50736809498_8a1111407e_c.jpgScratch building the 2 lane diesel shed by Bryn Jones, on Flickr

The second project for today is the Ratio (530) Oil Tanks kit.  This comes with two tanks available and built as you see on the right side, but it didn't feel right for me, so I have started to build bunding as you would typically see for such structures from Wills concrete block sheets, cut to a height that I feel is appropriate.  It bugged me that it didn't come with this and I feel that it looks much better with the wall installed (structure to the left).  I have doubled skinned the blocks as well, giving it an interior walling to try and make it look better. 

50737546061_1c3a2de715_c.jpgBunding the fuel tanks. by Bryn Jones, on Flickr

Needs some tidying up ahead of painting, and I need to try and find some appropriate coping for the wall top, but hopefully will come on with a bit of filling and scribing over the next few days - I will add to the second one, now that i have seen what it looks like. 

50736809983_aff86a0697_c.jpgBunding the fuel tanks. by Bryn Jones, on Flickr

Cheers

Edited by GEOEng03
additional picture
  • Like 2