Hattons 66 F5 Active Braking

Johnfromoz

16 hours ago, Nigelcliffe said:

Why would it take effort to do it in JMRI ?  JMRI has a user interface for ESU decoders which is remarkably similar to that in the LokProgrammer.     The only major difference is that the LokProgrammer hardware can read values from a decoder much faster than CV reading using any other hardware, but once the decoder values have been read, there is, to my way of looking, very little difference.  

- Nigel

For assigning features to function keys on ESU decoders, I find the Lokprogrammer interface easier to use. I remember looking at this a long time ago in JMRI but I don't remember it being as easy. It gave me the impression that Lokprogrammer is tailored to ESU decoders & copes with them very well.

JMRI is usually my preferred programming interface & once braking is enabled, I use this to set the braking rate (but from the CV page).

45 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

For assigning features to function keys on ESU decoders, I find the Lokprogrammer interface easier to use. I remember looking at this a long time ago in JMRI but I don't remember it being as easy. It gave me the impression that Lokprogrammer is tailored to ESU decoders & copes with them very well.

JMRI is usually my preferred programming interface & once braking is enabled, I use this to set the braking rate (but from the CV page).

I suggest you look again at the current JMRI interface for ESU decoders.   It really is very similar to the ESU documentation - same columns of elements to be selected for each row of the function map.    Dave Heap who wrote the JMRI code for ESU keeps updating it, and has direct contact with ESU to ensure it is correct.   If your JMRI copy is over 6 months old, its "out of date" in respect of ESU decoders.   JMRI release 4.22 is due in the next few days.  

That said, if you have the LokProgrammer hardware, it will be quicker because of the proprietary communications with the decoder.    If all you have is LokProgrammer data, that can be imported into JMRI. 

• Thanks 1