EMU photos

With the first of the 317 gone for scrapping, and more due to go soon, with the downturn in passinger numbers, does anyone have good side on photos of each coach?

Also, the 321 will be joining them soon. And the 315 are on borrowed time.

Just thinking how hard it is to find out what was under the floor of the first gen MK1 EMU, and ask if anybody is around some who can take broad side on photos so we don't miss this chance before it is gone. 

I was planing on a trip down this year to gather photos myself, but a certain bug has put a block on any such travels for the foreseeable future.

So, if anyone has photos of each coach of the EMU side on so we can at least have a record of what was there of the 313 upwards.

Ps-does anyone know the size of the first batch of 317 windows with the separate air vents above he windows?

This shows what I mean. It is a good photo but how many people have ignored the centre cars? What we need as modellers is a broad side on view of each coach from both sides.

Just think, how many such photos are there of the 314?

Edited by cheesysmith
Spelling

• RMweb Gold

Presumably there are different bits of kit hanging under each side as well. So you need a view of both sides of all three carriages. I should be able to get a few more shots on Friday. We only get 313s, except on match days, when 377s are put on singly or x2 for Albion fans to get to Falmer. No spectators - no 377s!

• RMweb Gold

I don't know whether these are of adequate quality. I took them on the way home from Lidl's. I had intended to take a set of the down train which arrives a few minutes later, but it seemed to be held up somewhere between Southease and Newhaven, as the crossing gates were down for 15+ minutes. Some of my shopping needed to get home so I left.

IMG_9222.jpg

IMG_9223.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg