Bristol and Exeter Railway Bristol Loco Depot

Having found a couple of photos of this site in Lyons's GWR Loco Shed books I'm interested in finding more.  The entrance to the site was through a very distinctive ornamental arch which (to me anyway!) is very modellable.  My Google search revealed nothing so can any GWR afficionados point me in the right direction please? 

Thanks in anticipation!

With out looking it up this entrance arch is sounding like Bristol Bath road shed, not the sixties  diesel shed nore the steam shed that preceded that one but the original first one demolished at the turn of the last century very Brunel ish in its build with fancy arch ways in to a square area surrounded by workshops a little bit like the workshops of the padarn railway at Lanbaris

all this is pre the bridge across the river and road was built linking to st Phillips marsh

Edited by Graham456
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

This wasn't the place at Barton Hill, was it?

I don't think so.

The sheds at Barton Hill were Midland and GWR.

I thought the B&E workshops which opened in 1852 were on the site that later became Bath Road,

Edit - There is an aerial view of the B&E workshops c1930 in Rail Centres Bristol by Colin Maggs 1981 edition. Bath Road depot was then extensively rebuilt in 1934.

cheers 

Edited by Rivercider
Additional info

39 minutes ago, 5050 said:

No, it became part of St Phillips Marsh I believe.

Sorry, I meant Bath Rd.:blush:  I think Graham has got it right.  I would like to see a couple more photos taken at ground level just to get an impression of the environment.

Not saying why JUST yet:triniti: