Mystery scratchbuilt (?) 2-4-0T body

Hi,

Just acquired this rather pretty 2-4-0T loco body from eBay. I suspect it's scratchbuilt from brass - don't think it's a kit. At present it claims to be a GWR loco. It has a number, 1170, painted onto the underside - I believe the GWR number 1170 was assigned to a Buffalo saddle tank? This model may represent a loco absorbed by the GWR at the Grouping? Alternatively it may be a well-proportioned freelance design? Google Images has produced similar looking locos but not a match. Any thoughts gratefully received. TIA. Paul.

s-l400.jpg

If it is a representation of an absorbed GWR 2-4-0T, I’d suggest Neath & Brecon Railway No.6 (Google Image search pointed me to a nice-looking build here) mainly based on the cab and bunker. The Cambrian had some 2-4-0Ts too, although I think slightly less of a likeness. 

It does look a bit long/slender though, and the fittings perhaps a bit different. 1170 doesn’t correspond to an absorbed 2-4-0T either (although close - they were around 1190, numbered in sequence) so perhaps it’s an ‘inspired by’ freelance?