A4 hauled 'Queen of Scots'

mattkimster

I'm wondering if anyone has any evidence of which A4's may have hauled the Queen of Scots in the late BR era? I've seen several photos of 60031 Golden Plover in books and on the internet over the years, but otherwise it seems to just be other A3's, etc. 

I'm looking to renumber an older Hornby model of Golden Plover, which I've got a duplicate of and which has the headboard printed on the front. I'd like to keep the headboard printing if I can, and would prefer to have something that is more prototypically correct. However, if all else fails, I'm thinking about going to go for another Haymarket loco (e.g. 60012)  and using a bit of creative licence to justify it... 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, mattkimster said:

I'm wondering if anyone has any evidence of which A4's may have hauled the Queen of Scots in the late BR era? I've seen several photos of 60031 Golden Plover in books and on the internet over the years, but otherwise it seems to just be other A3's, etc. 

I'm looking to renumber an older Hornby model of Golden Plover, which I've got a duplicate of and which has the headboard printed on the front. I'd like to keep the headboard printing if I can, and would prefer to have something that is more prototypically correct. However, if all else fails, I'm thinking about going to go for another Haymarket loco (e.g. 60012)  and using a bit of creative licence to justify it... 

Thanks!

Got a couple of books that might have something, bear with me and I'll have a look later.