Class 180 'Adelante' Diesel Hydraulic Multiple Unit Drawings.

Davey

I am contemplating scratch building a 7mm scale Class 180 diesel hydraulic multiple unit, as operated by Grand Central, and to this end I am trying to find drawings of these units.

I have spent hours trawling the internet in search of drawings, but to no avail. It seems that finding post privatisation rolling stock drawings is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

However, I am aware, that from time to time, drawings do appear in the model railway press of post privatisation vehicles. Hence, I am enquiring to see if anyone knows of any drawings published in the model railway press, or indeed anywhere, giving dimensions for the class.

Also, relating to the Class 180, I have a couple of additional questions, which are:

1). Does anyone know what the wheel diameter is of these units is?

2). Does the Class 180 share the same cross sectional profile as HST units, i.e. the Mark 3 profile?

Any help, or suggestions of possible sources for drawings would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Davey

• RMweb Premium

Have you looked for any Class 175 Coradia drawings?

Both were Alsthom built and share some commonality, but I don't think they are the same profile as a Mk3, similar in some respects though.