Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Reading Crusader Streamliner - 0 and H0 Gauge models

sncf231e

• sncf231e changed the title to The Reading Crusader Streamliner - 0 and H0 Gauge models

The Crusader was interesting from a US streamliner point of view in that it had an observation car at both ends of the consist which meant that the train did not need turning for a return journey. As the models correctly show the tender was designed to streamline ontio the curved end of the observation car.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, dave1905 said:

ConCor did one and so did Penn Line back in the 50's.

The ConCor one is the H0 version shown in my video. ConCor marketed this but the brand was GHB International ("GHB International, through Con-Cor Trains, is producing an excellent HO scale model of the Reading’s famous Crusader.").

As far as I know Penn Line only made the locomotive and not the cars.

Further some brass makers (Kumata, Ajin...) made Crusader models in H0.

In 0 gauge besides the Weaver model shown in my video K-line and MTH made Crusaders.

Regards

Fred

2 hours ago, webbcompound said:

The Crusader was interesting from a US streamliner point of view in that it had an observation car at both ends of the consist which meant that the train did not need turning for a return journey. 

I made a video to show that:

Regards

Fred

• Like 1