Return to model railways - Low Level fiddleyard design (good / bad?)

AWilson

Hopefully the pics and videos give a flavour of where I am up to to date. The next plan is to get traincontroller (silver version7) which I purchased years ago (too expensive for me to upgrade or buy it these days personally) although luckily for me version 7 is working ok with my lenz DCC set up.

hopefully I’ll get all the blocks operating correctly and the computer shuttling trains about the storage yard level. May take me some time but hopefully I’ll get there (slowly) :-)

• Like 1

I had a bit of bother with switching the three way points initially. Took me a while to realise the problem as they wouldn’t reliably throw.

I had them connected to some salvaged lenz accord deciders LS150’s and after a bit I realised they was not powering the motor correctly and shutting down one side of the solenoid output so no throw in one direction. Tried messing with various settings but didn’t improve so on a whim I bought a DCC concepts Ads4sx accessory decoder and straight out the box wired in and no problems at all. Worked perfectly so far!

Both Three way points now throwing reliably to my relief lol as I want the computer to switch them directing traffic to the appropriate storage track

Edited by AWilson