GWR 6 wheel brake van in B.R. period.

Quintus

I have used a little "modellers licence" by allocating the van to Weymouth, which better suits the imaginary location of my layout. By the same token, although I have a sneaky suspicion that at the time of the photo by Mr. Beale, the van may have still carried the G. W. dark grey livery, in my model world the van has now been repainted in bauxite. 

Many thanks for all your comments,

Regards

Mike

38 minutes ago, Quintus said:

By the same token, although I have a sneaky suspicion that at the time of the photo by Mr. Beale, the van may have still carried the G. W. dark grey livery

Your suspicion has some foundation in reality. There was a short period after Nationalisation when the works knew about such things as applying the regional prefixes in place of the previous company initials but were still applying the old company liveries until the new rules had been published. Even then, once bauxite/light grey had been established as the colours for fitted/unfitted stock, there are examples of Swindon turning out unfitted stock in all over light grey, ie including everything below the body,, exactly as per GW practice. Once applied, those 'odd' liveries would have remained in place for many years before the wagon concerned finally caught up with its next full overhaul, which could be well towards the late 1950s.