Disabled (tetraplegic) former modeller seeks advice

Isn't there that controller called a MiniMouse or something, its a handheld device with an easily used central power knob and nicely laid out keys and a fairly easily read LCD display?   Only limitation is it cannot go past 20 on the operation list but I have heard these are super mobile controller modules.

Of course with everything like points etc wired into motors you can control it all from one source, you can probably use one of them robotic grab arms like the litter pickers use to recover derailed trains and maybe devise a means to raise yourself up a bit to give you a elevated viewpoint and a better reach.

Be a shame if you can't enjoy your train layout, I would think that most problems anticipated can be overcome with a bit of thought.   Isn't there that disabled charity who have people who do nothing else but create stuff to help people with limited ability to achieve stuff?   I remember about 20 years ago in our local paper this national organisation had helped a young lad with very limited arm ability to enjoy his Scalextric and his Pokemon cards so he could play with other kids and they built these things for him free of charge.