S&DJR Officers Minutes

Just as a long shot...

Does anyone please have a copy of the Index for letters A-B for the S&DJR Officers Minutes for 1882-3 ?  I have the B-G page, but that misses everything before Binegar :(

• RMweb Premium

@RailWest, a more general question if I may, out of curiosity. In your other recent topic you showed an extract from the Officers' Minutes. This is printed, which seems to me rather unusual for the period. Can you say more about this? Were these minutes distributed to the officers - which might just about justify printing them - or is what you showed a later reproduction of them? Where held?

AFAIK a set of the Minute Books for the meetings of the S&DJR Officers are held in file RAIL/626/16 at the National Archives at Kew. You should be able to check that reference online.

Attached is a copy of the very first page, so as you will see they were certainly being printed in 1875.505633383_SDJROfficersMinutes0001.jpg.a44fe48e48edf8f9e3652d6e32237376.jpg

I would point out that I have not see the Kew files myself, the images which I have posted came from photographs kindly taken by a fellow enthusiast some years ago.

Quite a few year prior to that, I did meet someone once (sadly I forget the name)  who had a set of at least some volumes of the Minutes himself. I would suspect therefore that the Minutes were printed and copies made for distribution for various people/departments.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, RailWest said:

AFAIK a set of the Minute Books for the meetings of the S&DJR Officers are held in file RAIL/626/16 at the National Archives at Kew. You should be able to check that reference online.

Attached is a copy of the very first page, so as you will see they were certainly being printed in 1875.

Quite a few year prior to that, I did meet someone once (sadly I forget the name)  who had a set of at least some volumes of the Minutes himself. I would suspect therefore that the Minutes were printed and copies made for distribution for various people/departments.

Thank you, that's fascinating. I suppose a reason for printing may also have been that copies had to be lodged with both the owning companies.