Project 65033 - A 3D printed LNER J21

One of the things I've been on with deciding is the permutations of J21 variants to offer.

The administration and maintenance of multiple variations is a headache, and impractical in terms of producing the individual variant, saving as STL, then going through each permutation, creating supports, and slicing each one. If I could save the support structure as its own STL, I would, but I can't with my current CAD.

So with this in mind, I've settled on three permutations which I have ready to go.

1- 65033 as preserved

Dia 67A Saturated. 

2- J21, Dia67 / 67B Superheated, long smokebox and Gresley snifting valve.

3- J21, Dia67 / 67B saturated, with Piston Valves (valve covers exposed)

The last permutation I will offer is as follows, but yet to be produced on CAD.

4- J21 Dia 67 saturated, slide valves, boiler side feed. large tapered safety valve bonnet

I am deliberately including the NE Lubricator and Westinghouse pump on all variants, this is because a lot of the class had them in many of the combinations, and its far easier for a customer to remove them should their chosen example not feature them, than it is for me to effectively triple the number of platforms to maintain. I am deliberately limiting the number of shells produced of options 2, 3 and 4 to ten each only.

Thanks, Paul.

Edited by Paul_sterling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's one of Paul's products scrubbed-up and detailed to individual taste, on the suggested Bachmann underpinnings. Brass and nickel silver wire, brass tube, handrail knobs, adapted staples and plasticard account for most of the additions and alterations, save for a couple of small resin castings, an etched handwheel and common commercial items like buffers and brake connectors :

DSCN0737.JPG

DSCN0734.JPG

Edited by gr.king
Additional info
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1