Terragen Software for Backscenes

Hi,

Whilst searching for inspiration on creating a custom backscene, I came across this video from the states:

I thought I’d have a go and see if I could try it, but the question is, has anyone on here tried it and have an advice on using the software? I’ve downloaded the software, but the tutorials don’t quite cover what I need!

I’m primarily looking at creating a scene with a line of trees and some houses as well as the odd road.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon

There are a bunch of videos on the software on YouTube (the default place for software tutorials these days) The problem with any of these landscape softwares is usually where to start, the DEM files from the USGS are great because they are actual scans of the landscape, you can also I think get the surface of MARS as well as the USA, but elsewhere is more difficult, my advice would be to find a bit of the USA you like the look of and grab the USGS DEM files, then add trees, alter the elevation as you will, this will give you a more realistic landscape than trying to roughly create your own.