Vehicle number index in 1980 TOPS diagram books 200 / 220

HGR

Does anyone happen to have an early copy (pre 1988) of the loco-hauled coaches diagram book no. 200 or the DMU (railcars) book no. 220 that still contain the vehicle number to design code index sheets that they could scan or copy for me please ? The books I have, and the ones on Barrowmore, are post-1988 revisions so don't contain the index any more.

These index sheets were included in the diagram books when first issued in 1980, but were not updated thereafter. In 1988 they were withdrawn and users were instructed to remove and destroy the index pages and instead use the RSL for up-to-date individual vehicle data.

What I'm trying to do is identify the vehicle types that existed in 1975 that were allocated codes but became extinct by 1980 when the individual vehicle codes were initially allocated. After that, I can make a start trying to fill in the gaps in the diagram books for those that were withdrawn or superseded in the 1980s.

As happened with the wagon diagrams, I suspect the vehicles that were allocated codes in 1975/6 but were extinct by 1980 might not have been drawn up. A lot of conversions, refurbishment and facelifting occurred in the meantime and resulted in a lot of the initial diagrams becoming obsolete during the life of the diagram books. Need to find someone who didn't throw those pages out !

Any help will be much appreciated.

• Like 1