Complex speed curve

Vortexwake

Hi folks

In a effort to get a troublesome Bachmann / lok sound 5 37 from stuttering I enabled the complex

Speed curve now I find that the decoder won't reset and switch it off I used the 2mm society cv 29

Calculator.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Steve

Suggest you read the LokSound manual before messing with a complicated decoder :-)

1 - The LokSound V5 has the complex speed curve set as the only option.   CV29 cannot change which speed curve is in use, because there is only one option in the V5.  (UK/EU version, the US-only "LokSound DCC" is different ). 

2 -  The ends of the speed curve are set with CV2 and CV5.   There is no CV6 (mid point).   The remaining points are interpolated using the 28 speed curve CVs (CV's 67 to 94).  CV67 and 94 are not user-settable, but have fixed values (the ends of the 28 point curve), but the start/end actual values come from CV2 & CV5.    This is in the ESU manual, and as to why they did it this way: ask ESU. 

3 - consequentially to this, CV29 doesn't have a "simple speed curve" option, so the lowest value of CV29 is 16, and typical values will be higher (but always containing the value for the speed curve of 16).  

4 - changing CV29 can change the address.   This is because of the setting for "long" or "short" addresses.   And on some systems (eg. NCE), you have the full address range available, so address "22" is different to address "0022":  the first is "short" the second "long", and they're two different locos.   

The decoder should respond to a reset on the programming track, and to CV reads and writes.   You don't need to know the address of the loco to do this.  

- Nigel   (writer of the 2mm calculator page )