How to hard wire a Lima Class 31. Help please?

dasatcopthorne

Hi Guys.

I'm about to hard wire my first Lima loco.

However, I find the motor has two 'coils' between the motor feed wires and the brush contacts. I've not seen these on the few Lima locos I have had in the past.

Should I remove these or not please?

Cheers

Dave.

20210804_170403.jpg

You can remove them - they are for RF supression & not required for DCC as all the required supression is in the decoder itself.

Also, if you find any tiny bisquit shaped componants wired accross the brushes get rid of these or you may get erratic DCC running. (Also that white componant that looks like it's connected to the brushes).

Don't forget to make sure that both brusholders are isolated from the pickups & chassis.

• Thanks 1

On 04/08/2021 at 19:05, SamThomas said:

You can remove them - they are for RF supression & not required for DCC as all the required supression is in the decoder itself.

Also, if you find any tiny bisquit shaped componants wired accross the brushes get rid of these or you may get erratic DCC running. (Also that white componant that looks like it's connected to the brushes).

Don't forget to make sure that both brusholders are isolated from the pickups & chassis.

Thanks Sam.

Worked fine.

Dave.

• Like 1