Different types of airbrush, why?

• RMweb Gold

It was my birthday yesterday and I got my hands on the airbrush setup bought from ebay earlier in the year.

Now, there are two airbrushes in the kit. Both are dual action. One is this one:

Brush 1

this has the jars that sit under the brush, the other is like this one but the nozzle is 0.3mm and the paint reservoir is bigger:

Brush 2

First question - why the different feed types, is one better suited to a type of paint or what?

I use the top feed only as I feel that I have more control over what I´m doing with it.

The fact that the top feed ones need lower airpressure and can be used with a thicker paint doesn´t hurt either.

I have used bottom feed ones in the past, but the issues of siphoning and bottles falling off :angry:, made me go all top-feed.

There is more need for a finer needle-nozzle assembly however, as the ones you listed only have 0.3 mm sets.

A 0.2 mm will make them more useful for model painting.

I use the 0.3 mm myself when I´m doing this:

33dy3yq.jpg

There is my opinions on what you need. Others may have different opinions :).

All my weathering / spraying is done using the exact same one as in Picture one. Have had a few problems with it blocking up from timte to time but thats probably from me not cleaning it as well as I could have done.

Archived