GE 45 TON DCC

kevo

Hi  this is not the 1 st time i have had one of thease locos Bachmann ho ge 45 ton  switcher   its a dule dc dcc  . but i would like to hard wire a decoder in and a stay alive in  i have a train o matic decoder and stay alive . i have done a few hard wires  . with some luck they have worked ok . but have ing stripped the loco down  i find there are no  pick up wires  from the trucks . so dus this mean it picks up power through the chassi  or am i barking up the wrong tree  .  i have tried to look on you tube  but only found one vid  but this only showed how they  crammed in a decoder and stay alive in the cab  and not how the joind all the wire ing up  . also there are 2 wires of the circut board  brown and white  i have no idea what or where they go  . any help please much needed  thanks

20210830_114746.jpg

20210830_114809.jpg

20210830_114901.jpg

The loco pick up is via the "prongs" on the top of the boggie, then via the split chassis.

Two of the screws that mount the PCB connect the chassis to the rest of the circuit.

Personely I do not consider the bogie to chassis connection to be good for long term use.

I would solder thin wires directly to the "prongs".

Thanks Tony  thats  great  . i have just had a look  and see what you mean .   i will get right on to that  thanks again for the quick response  to my question  . kevin