Recommendations for OO Signals for a BR Southern Region layout

I'm building a Southern Region late BR, diesel and electric era layout

I have seen Train Tech signals and purchased a couple of ground signals for the station area and some of the Dapol SR Lattice Signal Semaphores

I also looked at the Berkow(?) colour light signals but those are kits which I'm not up to

My layout although DCC will have standard controlled ready made Signals

Are there any other manufactures of suitable signals?

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

I think almost everyone would recommend Absolute Aspects, although they are expensive, they are worth it and quite good value considering how much work goes into them. (No connection, just a very happy customer!)

Other than that you’ve got Berko, which are ready built versions of Eckon. They aren’t totally accurate, but probably the best of bad bunch I’m afraid.

You might be lucky enough to find Traintronic Signals which are a step up from Berko, but they’ve been discontinued, so it’s very hard to find them now.

Other than that, RTR signals just aren’t anywhere near where they could be. It’s such a shame that there’s lots of focus on the detailing of track, locos and stock, but nothing else.

Simon

• Like 2

17 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

I think almost everyone would recommend Absolute Aspects, although they are expensive, they are worth it and quite good value considering how much work goes into them. (No connection, just a very happy customer!)

Other than that you’ve got Berko, which are ready built versions of Eckon. They aren’t totally accurate, but probably the best of bad bunch I’m afraid.

You might be lucky enough to find Traintronic Signals which are a step up from Berko, but they’ve been discontinued, so it’s very hard to find them now.

Other than that, RTR signals just aren’t anywhere near where they could be. It’s such a shame that there’s lots of focus on the detailing of track, locos and stock, but nothing else.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Those Absolute Aspects signals are very good but a bit expensive for me

I found Express Models are selling the Traintronic Signals so I might look at those

Peter

Simons book is very good but neither the prototype or model scene stays the same.

I find that train tech provides a basis to work from, true some things are not as good as they could be, it all depends on the level of detail accuracy and period.

the ability to solder smd leds is high on the list of priorities, fortunately I have had plenty of practice with semaphores.