www.trainwarehouse.co.uk

pjlb2903

can any body tell me if this website is real. the company are called small world train warehouse. i placed an order with this company two weeks ago for a bachamnn class 57 lady penelope. i havent even received an email confirming the purchase. i have emailed the site and rang evey hour for the last week with not a single reply. the phone rings for 5 rings then goes to answer phone message. i dont want to slag this place off if there is a valid reason, would just like to know either way. would be greatfull to any body who can help.

cheers perry

I just had a look on Google maps street view and 45 Bear Street, Barnstaple is showing up as a closed mobile phone shop - although of course I don't know what date the picture was taken. Unless it's in a flat above that shop of course.

The website says "ask for David" - and as posted above, registrant David Bright. BT shows no entries so presumably he's ex-directory.

I would have very serious alarm bells ringing here and suggest that if you paid via card to contact your card issuer to make a claim as a matter of urgency.

1. The site and its payment screens are not secure.

I would not acquaint them with the wet end of a barge pole.

Interesting, I didn't look that far up - there appears to be two '45 Bear Street' if you look at Google Maps!

I just called Barrow and Clark furnishings - who are across the road from them, and the guy I spoke to said that the shop is very much still open, and he'd just seen the guy from his window lock up and leave for the day.

well have just got off the phone with the fraud squad from my bank. have had my cards canceled. and they looking into it for me. will have to wait and see what happens. have also emailed the shop again just to give him the one last chance. you never know. word of warning to all stay away from small world train warehouse.

perry :(

have just spoken to trading standards. they have given me advice on what to do. will see how it goes. will let you know how it pans out. thanks for all of your help. much appreciated. thanks again

regards perry

Well , it looks to be a shop. Click on the link, and look for the Bachmann sign in the window.

LINK

except Google thinks its called " A little something" - Maybe try a Google for that...

It seems 'A Little Something' has ceased trading:

http://www.littlesomething.co.uk/

I don't know if it was related though - it was at 42 Bear St.

A quick WHOIS doesen't show any obvious link with the "little something" site. Perhaps they just moved into a different premises (can't figure out if it's smaller or larger) and haven't updated the website - which, let's face it, does leave a little to be desired.

Perry

I don't know the current situation but I did visit Small World when I was in Barnstaple a couple of years ago and the man there, I don't know his name, was very welcoming and friendly. As I said, I don't know what the current position is but it is possible that if he is a one man band that he is on holiday at present. Barnstaple is a holiday destination and he might take his holiday early so that he is about for the tourist season. I know at least one other shop, in Glasgow, that shuts at this time of the year because, for them at least, this is a quiet time of the year.

I may be wrong in this but I think A Little Something is at 42 Bear Street while Small World was at 45 Bear Street so they would appear to be different premises.

I suppose what I am saying is don't give up hope yet.

Roddy

thanks roddy. have spoken to the man from the shop. he messaged me on this site saying what has gone on. what i ordered was not in stock. so no money has changed hands. so ok with that. just dont understand why he didnt contact me through my email address that he had from the order, at some point over the two weeks. none of this would of happened. any way case solved. thanks to eveyone for their input.

kind regards perry

• 3 months later...

Small world in barnstaple was in a much smaller shop, then dave moved just up the road to a bigger place , tying to get hold of him on the phone can be bit of a pain.

I have been using this shop for a number of years and have never had a problem at all , the web site i have not used, did not know he had one :blink: .

Sorry to hear you had a bad time in getting your loco.

Darren

Archived