North Wales Models

Jenny Emily

I tried looking for this shop last week whilst on holiday in Conwy, but I had no luck whatsoever. I've used them mail order once or twice quite happily, but fancied going to see the shop. Except strangely there doesn't appear to be one.

The address given by Bachmann and on their website isn't in Penmaenmawr as claimed but in Dwygyfilchi and I drove the length of the road it is apparently on finding nothing but very fancy residential houses on a tight winding road. I'm mystified, given that they are listed on the Bachmann website and Bachmann are very specific in stating that they will only supply to companies that have a walk-in shop premises open to the public at least five days per week.

Can anyone enlighten me as to where the shop actually is? (if it really does exist)

Nice choice of holiday desitnation Jenny

There is a stockist of Bachmann and Peco in Colwyn Bay called Hippo Toys who has a good stock of the range as well as other stuff such as lego, playmobil etc

There is also a stockist of mainly Hornby and Scaletrix stuff in Llandudno on one of the back streets called Photoworld but the name of the road eludes me at the moment.

Dave

The address is indeed a fancy house somewhere on a very narrow, very winding country lane - definitely not a shop. There was nowhere to safely park either. It was a little disappointing as they had a huge range online when I bought stuff from them and I was looking forward to a good browse.

I found the place in Llandudno (on Victria street) and had a browse. I also went to the shop that is in Betws-y-coed. Didn't get to Colwyn bay as I was beholden to where the partner wished to go each day.

Didn't get to Colwyn bay as I was beholden to where the partner wished to go each day.

In terms of Colwyn Bay as a whole I dont think you missed too much there as it is not as great as it once used to be, that said I did live just down the road in Llandrillio yn Rhos for 25 years sp it is the same old place to my eyes. Hippo Toys range is good and he is quite happy to order in for you as well.

What is the name of the online store in Dwygyfilchi as i did not know that one existed?

North Wales Models, is indeed a private house, I have collected items from the owners, a very nice couple they are too, it is a fine line between running an actual shop and running a virtual shop that is mail order from your house as you can imagine you do not really want to be having all and sundry coming round.

They are very competative in line with other large retailers and also stock a good range of scenic items as well.

Archived