4ft x 6ft 00 Designs

Nearholmer

• RMweb Gold

Had a nice read through the planning thread missed that.  I wont throw any more suggestions in the hat as you are going well on your own. It should be good. I am currently in much the same sstate as you the embryo layout dismantled we need to downsize as this place needs so much work no time left for modelling. We have an offer on the house but little left to choose from. Hopefully I will have a suitable layout space. I do think that having 0 gauge stuff able to cope with curves sharp enough to build a layout in a garage is the way to go. I think 27in would be too far for my finescale stuff. Most things seem to cope with 4ft but that is a bit restrictive for a single garage.

Don

oops meant to put this in the main thread but perhaps best left here

Edited by Donw
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 18:14, Harlequin said:

I got my Maldon templates sorted out. Not much use to anyone else since they are already in AnyRail but at least I'll be able to draw things accurately in my favourite program now!

1772445495_MaldonGeom2.png.20da39f950e2c9127fc3820f178056d2.png

And just for fun I've used them to draw a CJF folded figure of eight plan from "60 plans for small railways":

1294568289_NearholmerO3s.png.4a28678b3404da61270f64e73aae5805.png

It's very different in character to the designs being discussed so far and not meeting the requirements but it might spark some new ideas.

On the plus side, because the track work is so simple there's easily room for 3 coach trains to stop and pass in the loop.

With the station level through the entire passing loop I reckon 1 in 35 gradients would achieve about a 100mm railtop to railtop elevation at the bridge.

There's a "Milk Depot" half way up the hill.

We now return to your normal programming.

I really like this plan... I've been wanting to do a micro layout in N as a fun project, it looks like this would fit the bill!